Boningale Ltd is a producer and supplier of Hardy Nursery Stock to the amenity landscape, retail, and green roof sectors.
Boningale Ltd operates several trading divisions and this policy covers the activities of Boningale Nurseries, Worfield Plants and Viridis.
Boningale Ltd are committed to operating and working in a manner that protects or enhances the environment as far as it is reasonable and practicable to do so by preventing pollution, reducing environmental risk, conserving energy, natural resources, maximising recycling, and minimising waste.
Whilst committed to continual improvement we will also support our stakeholders to do the same.
Boningale Ltd will endeavour to comply with the Environmental Management System standards, industry codes of practice, and customer requirements now and in the future and will be proactive in collaborating to develop new standards or codes of practice where appropriate.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director to implement this policy, liaising with all Directors, Environmental Manager and Departmental Managers who within their area of responsibility give full support to the Directors.
The Directors and Managers will ensure that they and their staff consider any environmental issues that might be affected and influenced by the business activities.
This will be achieved by:
- Maintaining an Environmental Management System.
- Full co-operation from all Directors and employees.
- Promotion of environmental awareness amongst all employees and provision of sufficient levels of training to allow them to meet their environmental responsibilities.
- Regular review of relevant legislation and other requirements to ensure compliance.
- Meeting and where reasonably practicable exceeding the requirements of all applicable environmental legislation and regulations.
- Continuing waste reduction, reuse, and recycling activities wherever practicable.
- Improving the efficiency of energy use within the organisation wherever practicable.
- Improving the efficiency of water use within the organisation wherever practicable.
- Conducting regular reviews of performance against the above and to be proactive in our approach to future improvements.
- Setting and publishing environmental targets, objectives, and performance indicators.
- Procuring growing media responsibly in accordance with our growing media policy BNEP 27.
- Taking steps to measure and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Producing crops responsibly following current Codes of Practice, legislation, assessing risks to the environment, and taking into consideration sustainability of products used.
- Promoting and encouraging ecological diversity in planting schemes through specialist advice and growing a wide range of approved plant species to encourage wildlife and biodiversity.
- This policy will be reviewed annually to keep it up to date.
Boningale will make this policy available to all staff, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the general public.
Jeremy King – Managing Director
Penny Fryer – Production Director
Kersten Catella – Sales Director
Phil Newman – Viridis Director
Revision 18 Boningale Ltd BNE 3 Environmental Policy